Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Walk around Eifukucho (Part 2) / 永福町の散歩 (パート2)

The next point of interest I discovered while walking around Eifukucho was this temple that had stone statues of all twelve animals of the Chinese horoscope.  The temple was Ryusenji.

永福町で次に発見したところが干支全部の石像があるお寺 ‐ 龍泉時。


Ryusenji (Main Temple) / 龍泉時本堂


The Bodhisattvas of the Chinese horoscope / 干支地蔵菩薩


My year - the rabbit / 僕の干支 ‐ 兎


My wife and brother's year - the rat / 嫁と兄の干支 ‐ 鼠


My sister's year - the tiger / 妹の干支 ‐ 虎


My mother's year - the cow / 母の干支 ‐ 丑


My father's year - the horse / 父の干支 ‐ 馬



Six Jizos / 六地蔵


After checking out Ryusenji, I returned to the Kanda River and walked further along its banks.

龍泉時を探索したあと、また神田川沿いの歩きを続いた。





Take a closer look at the middle of this picture and you will see something interesting.

上記の写真の真ん中もっとじっくり見て下さい。面白いものあり。


Still have a hard time seeing it?

まだ見えない?





I think he's looking for the river to return the frog.

“川は”って? 蛙を川に戻すつもりかね?




Look!  There is that bird again / あっ、あの鳥また発見






Before making my walk home, I decided to check out one more point of interest - the Eifuku Inari Jinja.

家に帰る前にもう一ヶ所を探索することに決めた、それは永福稲荷神社。




Eifuku Inari Jinja / 永福稲荷神社











Tenjin-sha (shrine to scholarly studies) / 天神社 (学問の神)


Smaller shrines at Eifuku Inari Jinja / 永福稲荷神社にある他社の神


Shiratori-sha (shrine for good fortune) / 白鳥社 (開運・招福)


Tenou-sha (shrine to good health) / 天王社 (病気平癒)


Shirayama-sha or Hakusan-sha (shrine to love and other wishes) / 白山社 (諸々結び)


And so concludes my walk around Eifukucho.

これで永福町の散歩が終了。

No comments: