Saturday, April 9, 2016

A Walk around Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden / 新宿御苑の散歩

Something amazing - a post that actually took place today instead of some time a few months ago.  The weather was nice out this morning and afternoon so I didn't want to be cooped up in my apartment.  I decided to go Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden. I actually went to Shibuya's HMV +Books, then Tower Records in Shibuya before heading up to Shinjuku.  Oh, and I also had lunch in Shibuya at a place called Pie Face.  I also came upon a small Inari Shrine before goint to the gardens.

本日は珍しいですよ ー タイムリーのネタ。今日の散歩は今日をアップします。今日天気もよかったし、新宿御苑に行くことにした。家にいるのはもったない。新宿行く前に渋谷にあるHMVとタワーレコードも行きました。ランチも渋谷ですみました。御苑に入る前に小さな稲荷神社を発見。

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Inari Jinja / 稲荷神社
 
Cherry blossoms were still in bloom!  I thought I might have been a little too late to check them out here at the National Garden.  Only a minimal entrance fee - 200yen for adults.
 
桜がまだ咲いてた。もう散ったと思ったからラッキー。新宿御苑の入園料は大人200円です。
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cherry Blossom Carpet / 桜絨毯
 
 
 
 
Upper Pond / 上の池
 
 
 
 
NTT Docomo Building / NTTドコモ ビル
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Rakuutei Tea House / 楽羽亭
 
I took a short break from my walk had some green tea with traditional Japanese sweet here at this tea house.
 
散歩からこの茶屋で一休み。抹茶と和菓子を召し上がりました。
 
 
 
 
Green tea and sweet / 抹茶と和菓子
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also snacked on Cherry Blossom Crepe.
 
さくらクレープも食べました。
 
Taiwan Pavilion (Kyu Goryou Tei) / 旧御涼亭
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
French Formal Garden / フランス式整形庭園
 
 
Rose Beds / バラ花壇
 
 
Avenue of Sycamore Trees / ブラタナス並木
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Somebody lose a shoe?
 
誰か靴を失くしましたか?
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed the tour of the National Garden as much as I did.  There were still a lot of people out having their hanami (cherry blossom viewing) parties but as this is a National Garden, alchohol is not allowed.  And it was time to head back to my neighborhood to meet up with my wife for dinner. Until next time.
 
新宿御苑の散歩は楽しかったか?今日も大勢の人たちがまだ花見をやってました。公園の中は酒が禁止されてますから、大騒ぎする人たちもないでしょうね。そろそろ三軒茶屋に戻って、妻と合流して夕飯を食べに行く。また今度。
 

No comments: