Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Walk around Yushima Tenmangu and Yushima Shinjo-in / 湯島天満宮と湯島心城院の散歩

Last Saturday it was such a nice day that I had to go out for a walk.  I decided to head out to Yushima Tenmangu (commonly known as Yushima Tenjin) in Yushima.  The shrine is known for housing the God of Learning so its usually crowded with students.  But as it is not exam season, it was not crowded. 

このあいだの土曜日、天気が散歩日和だったので、湯島にある関東3大天満宮の湯島天満宮に行きました。学問の神社で有名なんですが、今は受験や合格発表日近くではなかったため全然混んでませんでした。


There are many different entrances to Yushima Tenjin.  I decided to enter from the Fufu-zaka (Spouse Hill) even though I was on my own today.

湯島天神にいろんな入口がありますが、僕は入ったのは夫婦坂(ひとりで行ったんですが)。






Sasazuka Inari Jinja / 笹塚稲荷神社
 
 
Togakushi Jinja / 戸隠神社
 
 
Yushima Tenmangu (Hondo) / 湯島天満宮 (本堂)
 
 
 
 
火伏三社稲荷社
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yushima Tenjin Temizusha / 湯島天神手水舎
 
 
 
 
 
 







Guy checking out the various ema / ひとりの男が絵馬を読んでる
 
 
 
 












 
 
 
 
 
 
Did you notice this pigeon resting on the lamp? / 鳩が灯篭の上で休んえる気づいた?
 
 









 
 
The pictures above are panels on the Yushima Tenmangu Museum building.  Cool detailed art.
 
上記の写真は湯島天満宮の宝物殿のビルの壁にある。良い味出してますね。


Of course I had to collect my temple seal as well.

もちろん湯島天満宮の御朱印をもらいました。



 
 
 Otoko-zaka / 男坂
 
 
As I walked down these stairs, I came across a very small temple.  It was so cute I had to take a closer look.  It was Yushima Shinjo-in. 
 
この階段を降りたら、小さなお寺を発見。名前は湯島心城院。ちょっと探索してみた。
 
 
 

Yushima Shinjo-in / 湯島心城院
 
 
I love this little miniature garden.
 
この庭作り好き。
 
 
 

 
 
Not a real turtle / 本物の亀ではない
 
 
Kame no Ko Bashi / かめの子ばし
 
 
Real turtles / 本物の亀
 
 
Turtles on the bridge / 橋の上にいる亀たち
 
 
 
 
 
The nice weather was holding up, so I decided to go to Nezu which was just one station away.  But I will save that for another post.
 
天気がまだ良かったので湯島の隣、根津も行ってきました。でもその話はまった今度。
 



No comments: