Thursday, July 5, 2012

Angel Witch Japan Tour 2012 / エンジェル・ウィッチ ジャパンツアー 2012



For those of you who know me well, you would know that my musical taste is mainly hard rock and heavy metal.  I was a high school student at the height of the N.W.O.B.H.M. (New Wave of British Heavy Metal) and was a big fan of all the bands that came out then, the major ones - Iron Maiden, Saxon, Def Leppard, as well as the lesser known bands - Bitches Sin, Cloven Hoof, Dark Star, and of course Angel Witch!

Angel Witch debuted in 1980 and then disappeared without a trace.  Actually, the released two more studio albums - "Screamin' 'n' Bleedin'" in 1985 and "Frontal Assault" in 1986 but neither album put a dent in the music market.  Now, here it is 32 years later and Angel Witch are back!  With a new line-up (the only original member of this incarnation is guitarist and vocal Kevin Heybourne).  They released their fourth studio album "As Above, So Below" which I bought as soon as it came out and was excited to read in "Burrrn" magazine that they would be doing a show in Tokyo!  Of course I had to go!

My wife has her K-Pop, but I still have my metal!!  So I was on my own for the evening.

Before the show, I had their latest cd on heavy rotation.  This album is definitely the successor to their debut.  The show was awesome!  The concert took place on a Friday night at a place called O-East in Shibuya.


SET LIST

  • Dead Sea Scrolls
  • White Witch
  • Into the Dark
  • Atlantis
  • Sorcerers
  • Geburah
  • Extermination Day
  • Baphomet
  • Guillotine
  • The Horla
  • Dr. Phibes
  • Witching Hour
  • Confused

Encore 1
  • Free Man
  • Angel of Death
Encore 2
  • Gorgon
  • Angel Witch / Devil's Tower




No comments: