Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Walk around Kinuta & Okamoto (Part 2) / 砧と岡本の散歩 (パート2)

Continuing my introduction of the art pieces found outside of the Setagaya Art Museum.

世田谷美術館の野外彫刻の紹介のつづき。


Earthly Paradise (Sukeo Sato, 1983) / 桃源 (佐藤助雄、1983)


Memorial to Students Killed in the War [Voice of the Sea] (Shin Hongou, 1950) / 戦没学生記念像 「わだつみのこえ」 (本郷新、1950)


I, Earth (Ryokichi Mukai, 1987) / 吾、大地 (向井良吉、1987)


Form with Curvature : Wings of Phoenix (Kiichi Sumikawa, 1983) / そりのあるかたち:Wings of Phoenix (澄川喜一、1983)


Boy and Sea Bird (Toshio Yodoi, 1981) / 海と鳥と少年 (淀井敏夫、1981)

















A few more views of the Setagaya Art Museum. Afterwards, I went inside to check out the Shozo Uchii Exhibit and the permanent exhibit as well. Also featured inside the building is a community gallery. When I went, there was a children's art display, a bead display, and a couple of artists' paintings exhibits.

世田谷美術館の外側。野外彫刻を見たあと、内井昭藏の展示会を見に行きました。ビルの中に区民ギャラリーもありまして、行った時に区民の子供のアートとビーズアート等の展示会がありました。


I decided to walk around Kinuta Park a little more before heading off to Okamoto.

岡本に行く前にまだ砧公園を探索した。


San no Hashi / 三の橋





It's currently plum season in Tokyo.

現在は梅の季節です。

This piece was not part of the Setagaya Art Museum. I came across it near the Kid's Soccer Field.

こちらは世田谷美術館の物ではございません。少年サッカ場の近くにあった。


I continued my walk from Kinuta to Okamoto to go in search of the Okamoto Minka Park, where an old style Japanese house is on display. The weather was so nice that before getting there I took a short break by a river and read a book for half-hour.

砧から岡本を目指して、目的は岡本民家公園。日本の昔の民家が展示されてる公園です。天気が凄く良くて、どっかの川沿いで30分休んで本を読みました。


I wasn't exactly sure where the Okamoto Minka Park was so I just rambled until I saw some people walking up a trail along a steep hillside. I decided to check that area out as well and followed them and came across another one of Setagaya Ward's "100 Scenic Spots" which I will write about on my next post.

岡本民家公園の場所がはっきり分からなかったのでブラブラ歩いたら、人が山道な様な所を登ってるのを見て、僕も行ってみる事にした。上に到着したらまた世田谷区百景の場所を発見。それは次のネタで紹介します。

No comments: