Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rock Bar Dokken Returns



Rock Bar Dokken has returned to life in it's third incarnation - this time in Akasaka. Actually, this third incarnation opened in May of last year, but it wasn't until this past Saturday that I finally went to check it out. It's located on the 5th floor of a fairly nice building.


I used to be a regular when it was located in Shibuya. In fact, if it wasn't for Dokken, I would have probably returned to the States years ago. It was this little bar that changed my life in Japan. From this little bar, I made many many friends, who introduced me to their friends and took me to other rock bars.


When the bar moved to Roppongi, I went maybe a total of three times. Anyway, it was quite refreshing to go to a rock bar. It seems Dokken-san has improved his menu too. In Shibuya, the only beers available were cans of Heineken and Budweiser. Here in Akasaka, you have a choice of five different kinds of beer. Here what I ordered:



Excellent German dark beer. An elder couple was sitting next to me and for some unknown reason they started speaking in English. So of course, I had to talk to them. It turns out the man was a doctor who specializes in cancer and the woman was his wife who works as a med-tech. He was a year older than my brother (49) and said he respects Eric Clapton. He also requested videos by Wishbone Ash and Cream.

No comments: