Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Walk around Shibuya, Aoyama, Daikanyama and back / 渋谷~青山~代官山~渋谷の散歩

What do you do after eating a large burger at W.P.G.B.?  Going for a walk seems like a good plan.  Although Shibuya is my work neighborhood, there are still parts of Shibuya I haven't explored.  Today, I decided to remedy that situation.  But first, I found myself walking towards Aoyama.

ウーピーゴールドバーガーのバーガーを食べた後はどうする?散歩でしょう。渋谷は自分の職場の街なんですが、渋谷って結構広い。まだ探索してないところいっぱいある。今日は渋谷で行ったことないところを散歩してみた。でも気付いたら最初歩きだしてる時青山方面に行った。



First I passed by the United Nations University / 青山に国連大学の前を通った



Art work by Taro Okamoto called "Kodomo no To" in front of the Kodomo no Shiro building.

子供の城の前にある岡本太郎作品 ‐ 「子供の塔」




There is a kid jumping rope on the side of the building!

ビルの壁で縄跳びしてる子供がいる!




Interesting art on the building / このビルの壁の絵が面白い




Uh, I don't know what it's supposed to be.  Hey, I discovered that this has a title - "Ishi ni Saku Hana" which translates to "Flower Blooming from a Stone" by Yoichi Takada.

これはなんだろうと思った。あっ、この彫刻のタイトルが分かりました ‐ 「石に咲く花」。高田洋一の作品。




I love discovering these pieces of art.  This the "Ikoi no Za Zou" by Shinji Nishino.  Not sure what the title translates to.

こういう彫刻を発見するのが楽しい。これは「憩いの座像」 西野慎二作品。




Looks like a real person from afar / 遠くから見ると普通の人間と思われる




Definitely not a real person! / 確かに本物の人間ではない!




Art pieces are found everywhere / 彫刻はあちこちにあるんだね




"Platonic" by Takayuki Seki (1985)

「プラトニック」 関孝行 (1985)




Untitled by Junji Okamoto (1985)

「題名なし」 岡本淳二 (1985)





"Yume in Tsuite" which translates to "About Dreams" by Hiro Hayashi (1998)

「ゆめについて」 林宏 (1998)



Giant Apple / 巨大林檎




Not an art piece really, but I thought it was kind of cool.

彫刻ではないんですが、なんだか良いなと思った。




A stairway to a shrine between these two large buildings.

高層ビルの間にある階段を上ったら、神社を発見。












Interesting place for a shrine.


変わった所に神社がありますね。












My walk will take me to two other shrines that I had never been to here in Shibuya.

散歩をつづいたら、まだ渋谷で行ったこともない、見たこともない神社がまた2社も発見しました。

3 comments:

blukats said...

What an amazing amount of art in that area! Do you remember the address of the building with the kid jumping rope on the side? Or just cross streets for this area? It looks like it would be great to see when I visit Tokyo again.

Aomori Ern said...

The kid jumping rope on the side of the building is the "Kodomo no Shiro" in Aoyama located next to the United Nations University.

The art pieces were located near the main post office building in Shibuya.

blukats said...

Thank you for the info. It's why I like your blog. You write about a lot of things other people don't write about which is really great.