Saturday, March 1, 2008

And even more from the Plum Festival

I bet you're all wondering where the food was at the Plum Festival. Did I forget? Do Japanese eat rice? Of course I didn't forget. I just didn't get around to posting them yet. What I love about small Japanese festivals are definitely the yatais, small food stalls serving items such as yakitori, takoyaki, yakisoba, tonjiru, tomorokoshi, that would be grilled chicken skewers dipped in a teriyaki-like sauce, little octopus balls, stir-fried noodles, pork-based soup, and barbecued corn-on-the-cob and what would a festival be without beer? There was even a stall selling Turkish style doner kebobs (pita sandwich filled with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, and your choice of sauces).




梅まつりに食べ物の話がないって?忘れたの?日本人は米食うか?もちろん忘れてませんよ。ただ、まだポスティングしてなかっただけ。俺祭り大好き、特に祭りでかならずある屋台。あった食べ物はたこ焼き、焼きそば、豚汁、とうもろこし、で、もちろんビールも忘れずに。あとあったのはトルコ料理のドネルケバブ。全部美味しい。











I hope you weren't disappointed. This is pretty much standard fair at any small festival in Japan. Also available were frankfurters, jagabata (buttered potatoes), and ramen (which Mikako had and I forgot to take a picture of).

こういう食べ物は日本の祭りに必ずあります。美香子はラーメン食べたけど、ラーメンの写真は撮るのを忘れた。

2 comments:

Kermitty said...

Hello, Ern.
I got my work done!
Now I have time for myself.
I enjoyed watching so many recorded tv programms last night.

I have not visited Umegaoka for years.
I love the smell of Plum better than that of Cherry's.
Because the smell and the shape of the flower is very Japanese.

By the way, do you know there is a famous sushi restaurant in Umegaoka. You can buy takeaway sushi too. Why don't you try next time.
You might have tried already, though...

Anonymous said...

Again, I think it is just wrong to post pictures of such yummy looking food as I sit at my desk at work eating leftover sukiyaki - it's just not right!